Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Slippery Rock Class Scheduling Difficulties
Rumor has it many students this year have had many difficulties scheduling for classes this fall semester 2009. Rumor has it Slippery Rock has been pretty unorganized with the record amount of students at SRU coming in this year. Don't you think they should have added more students to classes since on scheduling since there are more students? Or have classes that are only available for certain majors blocked on the registration sight so it doesn't say you have the class the following year? Any other complaints?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with you. Scheduling is the biggest nightmare for me here at Slippery Rock. They require certain classes be taken within a set timeframe, but then when you go to schedule the classes you need, you can't get them. They need to figure out a way to make things run smoother and get everyone the classes they need to prepare themselves for the future. If the underclassmen need a math class, they should be able to get one without going into the math department and fighting because they can't fit you into one of the 20 math courses offered on campus.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you as well Dan. Scheduling here is the worst part about going to this school. I was in a math class, but they bucked me out of it to make room for the incoming freshman, which dropped me to 10 credits. Its not only not fair to me, but messed up my school career by postponing my application to the college of education. Even after making complaints, talking to various professors, and sending out countless emails trying to obtain another class, i came up emptpy handed. It seems like the school officials can just throw you aside without a care even if it jeaporadizes your schooling.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with this subject. This year I didn't get any of the classes I was thinking about. I don't think that it is fair because I am a junior here at Slippery Rock and I believe that I should be able to get classes or schedule before underclassmen do. I got kicked out of two classes over the summer after I already scheduled them. I don't know why and haven't got an explanation for it yet. Scheduling here at Slippery Rock is hard and stressful
ReplyDeleteThey can only have so many students in each class due to safety standards but I do agree they need to block out certain classes for certain majors. My lifetime/leisures class is suppose to be for Phys Ed Majors only but somehow other students got into it because they need a 300 level course. How did they get into it because they are not even ed majors. They have had no education classes at all so how are they in this class?
ReplyDeleteI recently almost fell victim to the confusion of Slippery Rock scheduling. I am retaking a math class from last semester. My advisor didn't inform me that those 3 credits did not count because I am retaking the class. I did not know this at all. Therefor I was told to find another class to register for so that I am considered a full time student. I feel this is very irresponsible as an advisor to not inform your student about this. This is just a little incident to add to this subject.
ReplyDeleteI must say scheduling is a nightmare at SRU. I have been to two other colleges and I must say SRU is the worst by far. I have never heard of classes only being offered during one semester. It does not make sense and it makes the lifes of students miserable. If I didn't beg and complain I probably would be at the rock for 6 years. It's just ridiculous, add more classes and more teachers. We pay enough for classes and we should have the ability to get in what we want when we want. If it wasn't for us students there wouldn't be any college, so shouldn't they give us what we want?
ReplyDeleteI have had to deal with this nightmare just about every semester here at Slippery Rock University. Every semester I write out my schedule for my advisor and everything looks ready to go. Unfortunately, when I go to register for classes, most are closed. Even many of the PE classes are full. I have had to fill up my semester with liberal arts. I agree that the college should bring on more teachers.
ReplyDeleteI agree that class scheduling is causing a conflict for the upper classmen. It's so hard to get into class because they fill up so fast. Some classes that a senior might need, a freshman has. Scheduling is one of the most frustrating and complicated things about SRU. Maybe someone needs to find a new way to make scheduling easier.
ReplyDelete