Monday, September 21, 2009
SRU weather!
Has anybody noticed that ever since we got to Slippery Rock this year we have had literally 2 weeks worth of weather that's dropped under 55 degrees! I'm guessing this winter will be completely horrid. Can't wait :( Atleast the sun has been out during the day, sometimes a little muggy out but what do you expect? Hope everyone has fun this winter! I believe last years record was the -9 degrees for eight A.M class. Let's beat it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well I don't know about you but I sort of like the cold weather. I can't wait until the snow starts coming. I hope we get some classes cancelled because of snow unlike last year.
ReplyDeleteI agree man. I live an hour away and it is usually around 10 degrees warmer at home. It seems like some of the days we have had in September could have passed for like the end of October. I enjoy the cold weather, but at the same time, I would rather enjoy the summer while it is still here. It is kind of depressing to walk outside in sweats and a hoodie and it's only September, but then agin it is Slipepry Rock!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing i'm excited for about the winter is to go skiing. But nothing will beat the time my freshman year when we got classes cancelled because of the snow. That day we went and took trays from the fluh and used them as sled's and flew down the street next to the field house. Im hoping for another one of those days this year!
ReplyDeleteSlippery Rock seems to always be cold. I agree that once we get up here we have two weeks of summer left and then winter is upon us before October starts. I'm not complaining about it snowing because I love christmas and when it snows out but i hate the cold. I hate the days at Slippery Rock when you get up for class and its 5 degrees outside and you go to open your car door and its frozen shut. Hopefully we will get snow this year but it will stay above ten degrees. I hope for a little warmer weather but it is highly doubtful that will come true.
ReplyDeleteI live in Somerset, home of 2 major ski resorts, im used to the horrid weather. Although it snows heavy back home, when it snows here, it SNOWS. With how bad it gets here, driving and walking conditions are always rough. Im always shocked when they don't cancel classes because safety of the students eventually becomes an issue. -9 is frigid temperatures, if it gets below that, i just might freak out.
ReplyDeleteIt has been a little cold this past week, but luckily its been more in the evening than anything else! Did anyone else notice that before today we had not had rain for about two weeks it seems! I haven't had to wear my rain boot since I've been here! I'm very happy about that! Too bad it'll only be a matter of time before we will have to be wearing our snow boots! Let's hope this winter will not be as bad as last winter!
ReplyDeleteYeah the weather has been all over the place. It either been really cold, muggy, or raining. At night it gets really chilly. Thats western PA weather for ya! I remember last September's weather being a lot warmer and the sun was out more often. I bet this winter is going to be a Chilly one!! Im so excited!
ReplyDeleteDaniel. This school year so far has been blessed with sunny days and clear skies, where long days of work and study means longer nights out on the town with a star filled sky.
ReplyDeleteBUT WAIT! Let go of your fear about a horrid winter. I spoke with your girl Lynn in Watson and we spoke about this year and how we are supposed to have a mild winter. Which means no sub zero temperatures for 8 AM classes! Have faith Daniel, have faith.